It was only a matter of time! PlayStation Japan leaked it last month, and now Sony has officially confirmed that Driveclub VR will be coming exclusively to PlayStation VR.
A post on the official PlayStation Blog provides the details.
A firm release date has not been provided, and neither has the price been revealed, which means it is hard to determine whether this will be a launch title. But the company does plan to make this racing game available physically — at least in Europe.
A look at some of the screenshots that showcase the lush and detailed environments:
Here are the listed features in Driveclub VR:
- Game modes: Online virtual reality multiplayer race modes and an action-packed single player career are joined by drifting and time trial challenges.
- Tracks: New and classic Driveclub tracks are brought to life through the power of PlayStation VR, including five all-new Urban locations.
- A closer look: More than 80 cars are recreated with immaculate detail for players to explore up close with Inspection Mode.
- Cruise control: A little time to kick back, open the throttle or just coast and explore any track, in any country at your leisure in Cruise Mode.
- Virtual passenger: An immersive thrill ride through exciting replays of hot laps as players watch themselves handle their greatest challenges from a unique viewpoint in Passenger Mode.
Cruise control and the Virtual passenger mode, in particular, sound really neat.
The box art lets us know that a PlayStation VR headset along with the PlayStation Camera will be needed to play Driveclub VR, but apparently PlayStation Move controllers are not required.
Driveclub VR is playable at Gamescom 2016 this week.